Thursday 9 October 2014

Fresh Graduates - RM2,500 salary. Enough what.

Bismillah..

Let the war begin.

Today's morning topic in Red.FM is based on this newspaper article from someone with RM10k monthly salary. 

"RM2,500 should be enough for fresh graduates"

Should be enough..
Should be enough..
Should be enough..

Well guess what economist. It is enough. Provided that, you only spend RM300 for yourself. This includes movies, entertainment, vacation, karaoke, clothes, car accessories. It is abundance if you must ask. 

I guess, this fresh grads are just robots to you aye? All they need to do is work, gain experience to climb up the corporate ladder. They have no right to life. How can they live? They have to survive with RM2,500.

A fresh grad from Kedah, gaining experience, in KL. Her monthly basic expenses (roughly). After SOCSO & EPF = RM2,200.

RM400 - rent (single room with attached bathroom)
RM500 - savings (marriage, holiday, future)
RM300 - bills (electricity, water, phone)
RM600 - food (day & night - no hangout or Starbucks or fancy restaurant - RM10 per meal)
RM400 - Parents

You do the maths.

Of course it should be enough.


Oh, sometimes, your boss ask you to buy stuff using your money first. Of course can claim, but not this month la.

____________________________________________________________________

*Update: Ok la, who are we lying? I was furious at time I wrote this. But seriously, is RM2,500 enough?

Actually. It is enough. 

Why not enough one? With Rm2,500. You can live what? Not like you'll die. Some more, you so demanding aa, you got job meh? People want to hire you meh? Che sin ya lei! You can survive. Ok maa.. Eat expensive food, later become stool only. Jimat la..

Will you ever be enough of jimatlah. Jaga kewangan. Bajet. Jangan high maintenance. Sampai bila? Sampai bila aku nak jimat? Why should I suffer when I know I can live well?

Thing is, I know I'm worth more that RM2,500. Then, I will strive to get more than RM2,500. Well, that's me. Yes, it's a starting salary. Nope, it's not forever. 

I suppressed for so many things I can't afford. Sometimes I don't want to hold it. I want to let it go. I want to have what I dream to have. Yes, I live in really not an effing fantasy. If you don't aim, will you go anywhere?

No comments: