Sunday 8 February 2015

Amanda

In school, I have a friend named Amanda. Amanda Ong.
She's Chinese, she's tall, she's VERY perky.
Her name came after mine in the class name list. Ainaa, Amanda.

Since she's very perky especially with her gang, Madam Lam (our class teacher) finds it very hard to 'control' her, so, she place Amanda to sit beside me. I was supposed to be 'quiet' and able to 'tame' Amanda. Well I failed.

When Madam Lam sits Amanda besides me, the other girls was going,
"Ainaa, nanti jangan awak yang bising duduk dengan Amanda"
"Ainaa, habislah, awak duduk sebelah Amanda, nanti awak jadi nakal juga"
"Ainaa, nanti Amanda nak sembang dengan awak, nanti awak kena marah dengan cikgu sekali"
You know, that 'foreseen' situation that most probably will happen when you were sat with Amanda.

But, we're teenage girls, we work around the rules. Madam Lam says that Amanda supposed to sit beside be. Well, Madam Lam is our English teacher too, and English is only thrice or twice a week. Madam Lam come in the class only in the morning and during English. So, Amanda go wild and sit everywhere, so do I.

Then, in Kemahiran Hidup class. I was again partnered with Amanda. We were going to cook Ayam Masak Lemak. A very intelligent and thoughtful Amanda says, "Ainaa, awak bawa ayam ye. Kalau saya bawa, saya takut tak halal". And since this is mainly a Malay dish, I kinda remember I did most of the cooking but Amanda, she did most of the cleaning. And persuading others to give us some turmeric, we forgot to bring some.

That's Amanda. Why so random? Just cause.

I got a friend, his daughter named Amanda. Then I remembered my Amanda.

Hello Amanda!

No comments: